Baku News

Azerbaijan oil&gas and more

 Gazprom   RusEnergy   Azerbaijan   World   Pipeliners  Zee Beam 

Friday, May 12, 2006

BTC Oil Pipeline to Set in Operation July 13

11/05/2006 (13:18) RZD-News - The ceremony of Baku - Tbilisi - Ceyhan oil pipeline in Turkey setting in operation is scheduled for July 13. The Minister of Industry and Energy of Azerbaijan Natik Aliyev informed the journalists. The Minister informed that high-ranking officials of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, the USA, the Great Britain and other countries are expected to participate in the ceremony. The BTC pipeline length is 1767km, coming across Azerbaijan - 443 km, Georgia - 248km, Turkey -1076 km. The pipeline flow capacity is 50 mln. tons of oil per year. The pipeline capacity is 50 million tons of oil per annum. The participants of BTC project are the following: BP (30.1%); SOCAR (25%); Unocal (8.9 %); Statoil (8.71 %); TPAO (6.53%); Itochu (3.40%); Amerada Hess (2.36 %); ENI (5%); ConocoPhilli?s (2.5%); In?ex (2.5%), Total (5%). ENI, ConocoPhillips, Inpex, and Total participate in Kashagan field development. At present the process of pipeline filling is continuing. Sending of the first tanker with Azerbaijan oil from port Ceyhan is expected to take place in the end of May. The solemn ceremony will be held in July, reports Kazakhstan Today.

Contact me:  

eXTReMe Tracker This page is powered
by Blogger. Isn't yours?